the pantry

the pantry - Hello friends humayrarumaysa, On this occasion I will discuss the article entitled the pantry, I have provided various other latest articles. hopefully the article that I wrote is useful for you all..

Written by : humayrarumaysa
Title : the pantry

see also


the pantry



One of the many reasons that I fell in love with the farmhouse was that it had its original walk-in pantry!  And, a pantry was part of my vision for my dream kitchen!
The transom was added to the pantry during renovation.  It was originally on a wall that was just to the right of the lamp that divided the kitchen from the ell.   When the wall was removed to enlarge the kitchen Dan came up with the idea to move the transom to the pantry door.... and a good idea it was!




When I was in college, I went home to San Antonio one weekend only to find that my mother had decided to have a contractor take about 6 feet off of the formal dining room that abutted her kitchen and make a large walk-in pantry.  I thought the woman was nuts.   But, the pantry soon became a beloved spot in the house!  When we bought our first home, and especially when I really got into cooking I learned the true value of having a pantry and why she wanted one.
Dan and I like to be "provisioned," as we call it!  While I have a grocery store about 5 miles away, the store I prefer is 12 miles.  We also love Costco (which is about 30 miles away), so having the pantry allows us to stock up and stay "provisioned."  
And... it even has a window!





Dan put in this wall of shelves.  The other two walls have stainless racks which allowed me to have u-shaped storage, and they don't block the light!





My late father would use this blue bowl every weekend for his vegetable beef soup, and every night for his granola.  Seeing it makes me happy every time I walk into the pantry.




The pepper shaker belonged to my father's mother, who died when he was only 16 years old.  Everyone in the family has one piece of her everyday collection.




May I pour you a drink?!





Because of the window I have the luxury of growing plants in the pantry.  This is where orchids and african violets that had been placed around the house come to re-bloom!





Do you know Steen's?!  Steen's Pure Cane Syrup (in the yellow cans) is the nectar of gods!  I brought several cans from Texas when we moved.  I recently ran out.  I was able to order it online, and then my mother sent me some in my Christmas package.... it's that good that you want it for a present!   The Pure Cane Syrup tastes nothing like molasses- it is deeper, stronger, slightly bitter and fabulous!  For me it's one of those flavors that reminds me of my childhood since I grew up with it.    And, speaking of my childhood.... the "sugar and cinnamon" in the glass jar to the left of the Steen's is the very jar (and label-my mother's handwriting) that I grew up using as a child!



Aprons on the back of the pantry door. 
The red one was one of my first sewing projects as a child.  My name is written on it in big red print!


If you notice I'm low on anything, please let me know and I'll add it to the shopping list!!


Thus our article entitled the pantry,do you like the article hopefully this article can benefit you all.

You are reading the article the pantry and this article the permalink url is http://humayrarumaysa.blogspot.com/2011/02/the-pantry.html Other articles you are looking for xxxxx
,the pantry xxx .