it's a charmer

it's a charmer - Hello friends humayrarumaysa, On this occasion I will discuss the article entitled it's a charmer, I have provided various other latest articles. hopefully the article that I wrote is useful for you all..

Written by : humayrarumaysa
Title : it's a charmer

see also


it's a charmer



I have always wanted a chaise, and the thought of a chaise next to the master bedroom fireplace sounded perfect!

I was thrilled to find this charmer at an antiques shop in Massachusetts several weeks ago. It is currently covered in a green velvet, and will again be recovered in velvet, just in a different color... think the antique ginger jar behind it in the next photo- I want a turquoise with a lot of brown in it for a pop of color in the room! The room will be done in natural linen, light creams, greys, browns, with a hint of turquoise accents. You can see the colors in the pillows I will use in the room here. The chaise fits perfectly in the room as the flat screen sits (just barely!) in an antique French commode we found in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, and you can still see over the chaise to view the television from bed.




As you can see in these photos, the master bedroom is in the thick of it's design. (you can even see the towels under the French commode that we used to move it around the room! still haven't taken those out!) After months of working on the plan I am at the challenging point of bringing it all together in the room! I am currently at the leg-work portion where I am running all over three states trying to find things like the perfect shade of cotton/silk velvet for the chaise, the linen for the barrel chair. I no longer have all my old stand-by fabric resources just across town as I did in Dallas, so this "hunt" is turning out to be very time consuming. Yesterday I went 45 minutes west to look at fabric, then home, then 45 minutes east to look at another shop. I thought I had found the velvet for the chaise, but when I got the sample home it read blue instead of turquoise.

The hunt continues.


Several other things to be done in the room (besides the obvious BED, headboard and bed skirt, bed linens, etc!) is to install the piece of antique marble we found at Nor'East Architectural Antiques, and had cut to fit the fireplace surround. As you will recall we added this fireplace and the antique mantel here when we enlarged the original master bedroom.

Artwork and mirrors have yet to be hung. Linen curtains will grace the windows... one day. The wonderful desk shown here is to the right of the barrel chair, and out of the photo.


Still so much to do!


Thus our article entitled it's a charmer,do you like the article hopefully this article can benefit you all.

You are reading the article it's a charmer and this article the permalink url is http://humayrarumaysa.blogspot.com/2009/09/it-charmer.html Other articles you are looking for xxxxx
,it's a charmer xxx .