what I'm reading... Segreto: Secrets To Finishing Beautiful Interiors

what I'm reading... Segreto: Secrets To Finishing Beautiful Interiors - Hello friends humayrarumaysa, On this occasion I will discuss the article entitled what I'm reading... Segreto: Secrets To Finishing Beautiful Interiors, I have provided various other latest articles. hopefully the article that I wrote is useful for you all..

Written by : humayrarumaysa
Title : what I'm reading... Segreto: Secrets To Finishing Beautiful Interiors

see also


what I'm reading... Segreto: Secrets To Finishing Beautiful Interiors





I've written in the past about my love of paint, so when I listened to the interview with author Leslie Sinclair of Segreto Finishes on The Skirted Roundtable I had a strong feeling I would love her new book . And, I do!

Segreto:
Secrets To Finishing Beautiful Interiors
by
Leslie Sinclair

Leslie is the owner of Segreto Finishes- a decorative painting firm based in Houston, Texas.  Leslie named the firm after her husband's family, Segreto, which means "secret" in Italian.
The passion Leslie has for her business and for creating beautiful rooms really spoke to me.


"My philosophy is that when you enter a room, your eyes should not be drawn to any one element or finish, but instead, you should view the surroundings as a whole.  I aspire to create the perfect backdrop that enables fabrics, art and furniture to blend and establish a particular mood.  A palette developed to complement your home's architecture and design can give your surroundings a completely new perspective."
-Leslie Sinclair-


A perfect design statement if ever there was one.
This is a gorgeous book, but it is so much more- it is beautiful, inspiring and educational all at the same time.  There is a magical quality throughout- it is a book that you want to read and study very slowly, to savor and to absorb every single detail and element.  It is also a big book with exceptional photography and 300 pages of stunning interior design and finishes that will have you wanting to redo every wall in your house! 

These are not the faux finishes of the 90's... these are soft and sophisticated treatments done with a light hand and an artful eye.  Leslie explains many different finishes: Venetian plaster, gypsum plaster, plaster over sheet rock, glazes, stenciling, etc. for walls, ceilings, cabinetry, furniture and more.   She then shows you example after gorgeous example to the possibilities of each.  
If you are building a house, or renovating a newer home this is a must-have book.  The ideas in this book for new construction and how to give an old, aged feel to "new" are absolutely amazing.  I do not say that lightly.  The book gave me a great idea for a finish to use on interior shutters in the barn room!  There are creative ideas in the book for all homes- new to antique.  I have a feeling I will be turning to this book for reference often.
To be clear, this is not a "how-to" book in the traditional sense- there are no instructional directions or formulas, but more importantly, it is an eye opening collection of what can be... all with the magic of plaster, paint and finishes. 


With permission I have borrowed the following photographs in the book from Segreto Finshes...
enjoy!














To purchase this gorgeous book from the website click here
or visit Amazon

To be further inspired visit Leslie's company:  Segreto Finishes

Leslie's interview on The Skirted Roundtable




Thus our article entitled what I'm reading... Segreto: Secrets To Finishing Beautiful Interiors,do you like the article hopefully this article can benefit you all.

You are reading the article what I'm reading... Segreto: Secrets To Finishing Beautiful Interiors and this article the permalink url is http://humayrarumaysa.blogspot.com/2012/02/what-i-reading-segreto-secrets-to.html Other articles you are looking for xxxxx
,what I'm reading... Segreto: Secrets To Finishing Beautiful Interiors xxx .