my father's flag

my father's flag - Hello friends humayrarumaysa, On this occasion I will discuss the article entitled my father's flag, I have provided various other latest articles. hopefully the article that I wrote is useful for you all..

Written by : humayrarumaysa
Title : my father's flag

see also


my father's flag

I have long held a fascination with the flag- I love the symbolism, the patriotism, the pride it represents.
Years ago, in college, I bought the book "The Flag Paintings of Childe Hassan"  - how he captured movement and celebration in his flag paintings is magical.

 My father (who served in WWII as a gunner on a B-29) also loved the American flag, which he would hang each morning and take down each night. (When I moved from Texas to Oregon my father sent me a Texas flag so that I might remember my roots ;)  I adored my father; when he died 16 years ago my mother gave me the flag that he would fly everyday...
his flag.
To fly his flag over my house in New Hampshire makes me happy.
 He would have loved New Hampshire.

My father's flag has also flown over the Texas state capital!
 Last July for my birthday my sister, Susan, gave me a special gift....  she had me send her both my Texas flag and my father's American flag.  She then had them both flown over the state capital of Texas!
I wanted to share this idea with you in case you too were unaware,  as I thought it was such a sweet, touching gift that meant so much- one you might want to share with someone who is state proud or homesick; I would imagine other states do this as well.
She contacted the Office of the Sergeant-at-Arms at the House of Representatives at the Capital.  The fee was nominal, or you can also purchase new flags that they have flown. 
(You can also purchase flags that have been flown over our nation's capital info here.)


my father's flag
 

Wishing you a Happy Fourth of July!




Thus our article entitled my father's flag,do you like the article hopefully this article can benefit you all.

You are reading the article my father's flag and this article the permalink url is http://humayrarumaysa.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-father-flag.html Other articles you are looking for xxxxx
,my father's flag xxx .